The palace was designed by Francesco de Armis in 1473, known also as The Praetorian Arch Palace or Judiciary Palace, for its historic connection with the highest local judicial officer. From 1501 to 1503, the palace was the seat of the Spanish rule. Although, the town went through several urban and institutional transformations, the palace preserves its original features, including the wood ceiling in the upper floor under the pointed-arch portico. Called Palace par excellence, it embodied the royal power. It was not by chance erected in the late mediaeval historic centre, at that time symbol of the city. Nearby it is possible to notice the city Palace and the public theater.
- Corso Vittorio Emanuele, 108 - 76121 Barletta
- 41.3202311, 16.279316600000016
Orari di apertura