The palace was built around 1540 and housed the town council meetings, the “Universitas Barolitana”, which were of vital importance for a State-town with its own statute regulating the political activity. In 1769 the palace was in a dreadful state and its restoration works, terminated by 1789, gave it its current features. The style between the ground floor and the main floor is unmistakable. The ground floor façade dates back to the 16th century. It is rusticated and has different-sized four entrances. The main floor façade presents rectangular windows, those at the ends have a triangular pediment at the top, whereas the central ones have a curved pediment, symmetric with the entrance below.
- Via Municipio
76121 Barletta BT
- 41.320465895146334, 16.280907980391248