The building is located in Corso Cavour, along the ancient so-called ” Exchange street”, take its name from one of the families which owned it. Although it was built in 1418, it went through several transformations in the half of the 16th century. The façade’s features are typical of the architecture of the 16th century: at a higher level, pilaster-strips extend along the entire façade and separate the balcony’s apertures. Worthy of note are the internal lively courtyard, with arches and loggias, and the curved stairwell, with a glass dome at the top. The circular-helicoid staircase is a typical feature of the late 19th century. The palace was built around 1540 and housed the town council meetings, the “Universitas Barolitana”, which were of vital importance for a State-town with its own statute regulating the political activity. In 1769 the palace was in a dreadful state and its restoration works, terminated by 1789, gave it its current features. The style between the ground floor and the main floor is unmistakable. The ground floor façade dates back to the 16th century. It is rusticated and has different-sized four entrances. The main floor façade presents rectangular windows , those at the ends have a triangular pediment at the top, whereas the central ones have a curved pediment, symmetric with the entrance below.
- Corso Cavour, 22 - 76121 Barletta
- 41.3191083, 16.284332800000016
Orari di apertura