Palazzi

You are here: Home  > Palazzi

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Palazzo Santa Croce

    The palace is located in Piazza Duomo, exactly in front of the cathedral of Saint Mary Major’s main façade. It occupies a wide part of the church yard, which in the past, was broader. Since the Norman period it was the seat of Santacroce, a noble family. Charles I donated it to Filippo Santacroce in […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    (Italiano) Palazzo Bruotschy

    Palace Bruotschy was built in 1621, but it was probably erected on a preexisting building. Its peculiarity: a porch in front of the façade that probably belonged to a medieval building, which dates back to the early 16th century. The structure has undergone several changes and consists of four groin vaults, two pointed arches and […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    The Court Palace

    The palace was built around 1540 and housed the town council meetings, the “Universitas Barolitana”, which were of vital importance for a State-town with its own statute regulating the political activity. In 1769 the palace was in a dreadful state and its restoration works, terminated by 1789, gave it its current features. The style between […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    The Lion Palace

    The building is located in Corso Cavour, along the ancient so-called ” Exchange street”, take its name from one of the families which owned it. Although it was built in 1418, it went through several transformations in the half of the 16th century. The façade’s features are typical of the architecture of the 16th century: […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Palazzo De Martino

    The palace was built at the end of the 16th century is located in one of the main avenues overlooking Palazzo Gentile. In 1599 it belonged to the noble family of Marulli. The palace has a great significance for the city of Barletta because in 1813, during the French period, the kings Joseph Bonaparte and […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Palazzo Gentile

    Built by the Gentile family in the first half of the 12th century, it houses a bank from 1920. The façade presents a monumental entrance surmounted by a loggia, a wide balcony, and rectangular windows. There are sixteen windows, eight in each side and four in each floor. The first floor is rusticated and the […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    Palazzo Esperti

    The palace is a remarkable example of a noble palace, taking its name from the noble family who acquired it in the 18th century, the Esperti. The building reaches the parallel street, via San Giorgio, where a façade stands as wide as the main one. Its features are characteristic of the 15th century’s architecture. The […]

  • Item thumbnail
    0

    The arch Palace

    The palace was designed by Francesco de Armis in 1473, known also as The Praetorian Arch Palace or Judiciary Palace, for its historic connection with the highest local judicial officer. From 1501 to 1503, the palace was the seat of the Spanish rule. Although, the town went through several urban and institutional transformations, the palace […]